To prevent msi vs. click-to-run (c2r) conflicts, please uninstall all newer Office/Visio/Project msi versions (Office 2016 and later) from your PC by using the Office Removal Tool:
Download the latest version of the Office Deployment Tool:
Execute the file and extract it to a folder of your choice (you can create a new folder for this Purpose) >> z.B. C:\Click
- In this folder, find the three example .xml files.
- You can delete two of them.
- Rename the remaining file ‘configuration.xml’.
- Then open this file in WordPad.
- Delete everything in this file.
- In the case of an installation of Office 2019 Standard, for example, copy the example-configuration.xml shown.
- You can alter the individual elements, for example for other products. This is explained below.
- Please ensure that there are no spaces between the quotation marks and the content, as shown in this example file.
- Then save the file:
<Add SourcePath=”C:\Click” OfficeClientEdition=”64″ Channel=”PerpetualVL2019″>
<Product ID=”Standard2019Volume” PIDKEY=”#####-#####-#####-#####-#####”>
<Language ID=”de-de” />
<Language ID=”de-de” />
<Display Level=”None” AcceptEULA=”TRUE” />
Explanation of the individual points
- Installation of Visio 2016/Project 2016 with a c2r key Please change the first lines of the example configuration.xml accordingly (shown here for Visio 2016 Standard).
As PIDKEY, please use the c2r key provided for the respective product.<Configuration>
<Add SourcePath=“C:\Click“ OfficeClientEdition=“64“>
<Product ID=“VisioStdXVolume“ PIDKEY=“#####-#####-#####-#####-#####“>
The folder created in step 2 >> C:\Click
Your bit version >> 64 or 32
- Product IDs for Office
Office Standard 2019 = Standard2019Volume
Office Pro Plus 2019 = ProPlus2019Volume
Office Standard 2016 / ProPlus 2016 = not provided!
- Product IDs for Visio/Project
Project Standard 2019 = ProjectStd2019Volume
Project Professional 2019 = ProjectPro2019Volume
Visio Standard 2019 = VisioStd2019Volume
Visio Professional 2019 = VisioPro2019Volume
Project Standard 2016 = ProjectStdXVolume
Project Professional 2016 = ProjectProXVolume
Visio Standard 2016 = VisioStdXVolume
Visio Professional 2016 = VisioProXVolume
The product key that you received from VENDOSOFT
Start the command prompt as Administrator.
Navigate to the path of the previously specified folder >> cd C:\Click
Now execute the following command >> setup /download configuration.xml
If you receive the error code ‘0-1007 (0)’ (or any other ‘1007’ error), you will need to create exceptions for ‘officecdn.microsoft.com’ and ‘officecdn.microsoft.com.edgesuite.net’ in your firewall or network policy, as they may block the download from the Microsoft Server.
The installation file is now downloaded to the folder. Once the download is complete, the command prompt jumps to the next line. This will take a few minutes. Office Standard 2019, for example, is roughly 2 gigabytes in size, so downloading may take several minutes..
Once the download is complete and the next line is expecting a command, enter the following > setup /configure configuration.xml
Installation is started.
Step 12 (optional)
FIf you have not yet integrated the product key in the configuration.xml, activate Office with the key provided after installation.
If no activation message is displayed, open an Office application (e.g. Word) – select ‘file’ – select ‘account’ – select ‘change product key’ and enter the product key in the fields displayed.